Principal Prabhjot Kaur elected as IOSS President
A meeting of the members of the Institute of Sikh Studies(IOSS), Chandigarh held on 27th December 2011 unanimously elected Principal Prabhjot Kaur as the IOSS President for the year 2012. The members also appreciated the hard work put in by the outgoing team headed by Bibi Baljit Kaur.
S. Pritam Singh, IAS(Retd.) had been elected as the IOSS President for the year 2011. However, he had an unfortunate accident within days of being elected and had to go to USA for treatment and to be with his family. In his absence, the Vice President Bibi Baljit Kaur ably guided the IOSS throughout the year.
Principal Prabhjot Kaur holds an M.A. in English and Punjabi and also a M.Phil Degree. She has a teaching experience of 33 years and has held position of Principal in Gurmat College- Patiala, Govt. College for women- Ludhiana, Govt. College-Bahadurgarh and Guru Nanak Girls’ College, Ludhiana. A brief summary of her achievements is enclosed below for information.
She has nominated the following Executive Committee for year 2012:
Bhai Ashok Singh – Vice-President
Col. Amrik Singh – Secretary
S. Gurpreet Singh – Treasurer
S. Sadhu Singh – Joint Secy
Bibi Baljit Kaur – Member
Lt. Gen. Kartar Singh, PVSM – Member
S Gajindar Singh – Editor, Abstracts of Sikh Studies
S Gurcharan Singh - Convenor, Seminar
S Ishwinder Singh – Incharge, Networks
Member- Institute of Sikh Studies, Chandigarh
Personal achievements of Mrs Prabhjot Kaur
- Bestowed with Virasat -2008 award by Punjab Cultural Promotion Council by S. Hira Singh Gabarian Hon’ble Minister of Cultural Affairs Punjab
- Bestowed with Dr Radhakrishnan award for Women in Education, on International women day. The function was presided over by the Hon’ble Education minister, Punjab.
- Honored for valuable services to the Panth, at a national level women’s conference organized by Bibi Baljit Kaur Talwara, in collaboration with the management of Gurudwara Dukhniwaran Sahib, Ludhiana.
- Awarded Desh Sewa Rattan Award by Shahid Memorial Society, Ludhiana.
- Honored by Bh. Ghanaya Seva Dal Jallandar, for rendering valuable services to the community.
- ‘Bateeh Sulakhni’- a book in Punjabi ‘Women in Sikhism’ published by Sukrit Trust Ludhiana.
- Edited one book entitled ‘Gyan Charag’ published by Gurmat College Patiala.
- ‘Sikhism in Brief’-English version of ‘Gurmat Gyan Bodh’ published by Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle, Ludhiana.
- Booklets published for free distribution :
- Role and Status of women in Sikhism.
- Women liberation Movement and Gurmat.
- Guru Teg Bahadur.
- Badshah Darvesh Guru Gobind Singh.
- Guru Panth and Guru Granth.
- Sehje Racheo Khalsa.
- A number of articles published in different research journals & books.
- Translated into English part of Vol.2 of Mahan Kosh published by Punjabi University Patiala.
- Remained on the Editorial Board of ‘Abstracts of Sikh studies’ a research journal in Sikh studies published from Chandigarh.
Book under Publication: Women Liberation: The Sikh Perspective.
Talks and Seminars:
- Has been frequently participating in seminars for the last fifteen years
- Delivered scores of talks in educational institutions on Sikh religion, women studies and value education.
ęCopyright Institute of Sikh Studies, 2010, All